dimanche 27 décembre 2015

New tank build!

So after some headaches with my last tank I have decided to start fresh and have a little patience. I am going from a marineland 27G non drilled cube to a Deep Blue 35G cube that I will be drilling using the glass-holes overflow kit. My stand will be custom made. For substrate I will use about 40lbs of Fiji pink sand and roughly 50lbs of dry rock from Reef Cleaners.

-The light: I have chosen to try out the SBReef Lights 165W full spectrum ramping LED hanging about 8" above the tank using some bent and painted conduit. I will upload some pics of the light tonight, I know it is a black box design but the spectrum is designed and tested by reefers and not just shot gunned by manufacturers in china.

-Skimmer: For now I will continue to run my Aquamaxx HOB-1 Skimmer as it has been super impressive for being a HOB and only a few months old so ill upgrade to in sump later.

-The Sump: Right now I am still in debate as to what size I would like. I currently have an old 10g sump in the garage w/o a fuge area. I am not sure if I will use this for now since I have it and maybe upgrade later on. **I am open to suggestions on the sump situation**

-Other Equipment: The only other equipment I have right now are two sicce voyager power heads, one 250GPH and the other 500GPH as well as a phosphate reactor.

I am open to any and all suggestions to what I may want to consider adding to my build before it all really takes off! I will update this thread with pics as the next few weeks roll by starting with the light.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_3018.jpg Views: N/A Size: 109.4 KB ID: 120913   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_3019.jpg Views: N/A Size: 106.3 KB ID: 120914   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_3017.jpg Views: N/A Size: 116.0 KB ID: 120915  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire