jeudi 24 décembre 2015

New To Site, Nice To Meet You Guys

Hey All,

Had been looking for a new site to join and was pretty impressed with the postings and conversations which take place on this site. Had been on another site for a while and was getting a little tired of everyone believing themselves to be a marine biologist. I'm pretty new to the hobby, about a year and some change since I purchased and set up my first saltwater tank, but pretty much jumped (and in some cases, fell) right in. This thing has turned into pretty much a borderline obsession at this point, but, guess there are worse addictions.

Either case, some info about me:

Current Tanks:

46 Gallon Bowfront Reef (Currently Active):
3 Purple Queen Anthias (1 Male and 2 Females, had for 10 months now),
3 Despar Anthias (1 Male and 2 Female, had 2 for about 7 months now)
2 Evansi Anthias (1 Male and 1 Female, had for about 4 months now)
2 Blue Gudgeon Gobies (1 Male and 1 Female, had for about 6 months now)
1 Firefish (Male, had for about a year and )
1 Scooter Dragonet (Female. had for about 4 months now)
Mixed Selection Of Corals (Mostly Soft Corals)

30 Gallon IM Fusion (Will Be Fishless For Another 4 Weeks Due To Brook Outbreak):
5 Sexy Shrimp
2 Porcelain Crabs
1 Emerald Crab
No Coral, Fish Only Tank

10 Gallon Hospital Tank:
2 Scooter Dragonets (Only Fish Survivors Of The Brook Outbreak, 2 Females, Had For 8 Months Now)

20 Gallon Quarantine Tank:
2 Mandarin Dragonets (1 Male and 1 Female, both juvenile (under 2 inches), had for about 2 weeks now, currently training both to eat frozen)

10 Gallon Amphipod Breeding Tank (up and running for about 6 months now, somewhere around 200 amphipods in there currently)

5 Gallon Adult Brine Shrimp Tank (I don't culture these, I just buy weekly and feed to my fish)



Completed Projects:

Automated Live Food Feeder (feeds baby brine and adult brine), installed on my 46 gallon, my 30 gallon, and my quarantine tanks.

Tigger pod culture (did this for about 3 months when I had my original mandarin and was transitioning it to adult brine/frozen, but once it converted to frozen I ended this)



Currently active projects:

2 Grindal Worm Cultures


Look forward to speaking with and learning from you guys.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire