samedi 26 décembre 2015

20 Gallon Long suggestions

Hello all!

First I'd like to apologize if this is not the right place to post this thread, I am a new member to Reef Central.

Anyway, I have a 20 Gallon Long tank (30 x 12 x 12), with about 20-25lbs of live rock, 15lbs of dry sand, a SunSun Hw302 264GPH Pro Canister Filter Kit, a hang on the back filter from my last saltwater project to carry over the beneficial bacteria, a 528-GPH Wavemaker for some extra current, a 150W heater, Lee's protein skimmer and a PVC pipe tucked into the live rock. I also have a bunch of Chaetomorpha Algae to help remove nitrates (along w the skimmer), which is important for a tank as small as a 20 gallon. I have a 8-9" Snowflake Moray as the lone predator in the tank, along with a Chocolate Chip Starfish and about 10 different varieties of snails and 10 different varieties of hermits. My question is how long would I be able to keep the Snowflake without him being too crammed in the tank, and could this possibly be a permanent home for him If I leave him as the lone fish for the tank. He loves all the live rock and caves and holes I made for him, especially the hidden PVC pipe. The skimmer, chaeto algae and the CUC help to keep nitrate/nitrite levels down because I am well aware of the eel's messy eating habits. I am still fairly new to the hobby and would just like a honest, but still respectful answer. I have read you can keep Snowflake's in a minimum of (if you must) 30 gallons, and I figured a 20 Gallon Long is just about the same parameters as a regular 30. Thanks for reading and I would appreciate any advice for my tank :)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire