mardi 29 décembre 2015

Powerhead question

New to saltwater aquariums
and I had a question about water flow. I have two aqueon 950 powerheads in my 60gal tank 12.75"Lx48.5W"x25H"

I have one position at the top right hand corner slightly disrupting the surface of the water and the other head on the bottom left hand corner that i've had to position pointing up just slightly as it was blowing my sand around too much.

Even as they are positioned now, my sand is still getting moved around, not blowing around but every few days i have to move my sand around to cover up bare spots.

My tank is currently a FOWLR tank but I would like to add some soft corals in the near future after I get the proper lighting set up.

I have heard that it's really difficult to have "too much flow" but it is fairly easy to have improper flow. My question: is the way i have them setup the best way to optimize flow in my tank??


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire