vendredi 25 décembre 2015

New Beginnings 45g

Here are my tank specs and what nots: Pretty new to the hobby, especially the saltwater side of things so bare with me a bit:

45g Tall corner (Found on the curb, and then found the stand 2 weeks later in front of the same house) (It was garbage night both times, so no, I didn't just yank it out from someone's yard. Haha)

Filter: 110 Aquaclear HOB
Light: Aqueon LED 20inch, currently 1 Blue strip, 1 white strip, and 1 Colormax strip(white with 2 red/pink LED's in the strip). Then also have another Blue LED that came from a smaller 9g cube EHIEM tank.
Heater: EHIEM 150 Watt
Water: I buy all my water from my LFS, RO/DI and pre-mixed saltwater
Fish: 4 Chromis, 1 Pink Hawk Fish, 1 Old Glory Goby
Invert: 1 skunk shrimp, 6ish blue and red legged hermit crabs (not sure if the colors of their legs matter much)
Corals: Purple Polyp (Hitchhiked on 1st live rock), Green Star Polyp, 2 different colored Zoa's (not sure on names), white? leather, and possibly a hard red coral as a hitchhiker from a new live rock I recently put in the tank, not sure yet though
plus about 6 different snails as part of my CuC

I have a little bit of the red algae growing right by the air bubble wand (which I'm debating on just removing the wand from the tank) and some green algae growing on the heater, guess I just need to wipe it off.

Also, no one yell at me too much, but I have only siphoned the sand bed once and I've never cleaned the detritus off of the rocks. Just from reading other posts on this site, apparently I am living in the danger zone and looks like some more care is needed from me.

I also have a 9g Cube EHIEM tank I just started back up again (I started this one as salt, but quickly learned that was a bad idea and moved everything to the 45g) but this one is gonna be a freshwater filled with plants and some smaller fish.

Here's a couple of pictures of the 45g, will try and get better ones.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_0209.JPG Views: N/A Size: 119.0 KB ID: 120880   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_0194.JPG Views: N/A Size: 128.3 KB ID: 120881   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_0190.JPG Views: N/A Size: 127.6 KB ID: 120882  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire