samedi 26 décembre 2015

Birds Nest Help

Hello, this is my first posting, so forgive me if I do it wrong...
My girlfriend bought me a birds nest coral as a christmas gift, which I've been looking at for a long time and felt confident with since I have a monti that is doing well in my tank and has almost doubled since I had it fragged, and I've read that the birds nests are fairly similar in regards to their requirements. I very slowly acclimated the coral and placed it in my tank about halfway up with decent flow, at about the same height the monti was (I've never had an issue with light acclimation before, so I wasn't too worried at first) however it's been two days now and it has quite a bit of brown on the tips and such and almost no color, and I'm worried it's dying or already dead! I moved it down to the bottom of the tank, hoping it wasn't bleached beyond repair by the lighting. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong, or if this is normal to see the first few days being in the tank, all of my other corals look healthy and nice!

Water Parameters:

Salinity: 1.025
Cal: 460
dKH: 10
Nitrates: minimal (color was somewhere between 0-5)
Phosphate: 0
PH: 8.1
Temp: 78

I put a photo of the monti as well to show another sps is doing well.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: birds nest.jpg Views: N/A Size: 46.0 KB ID: 120888   Click image for larger version Name: monti.jpg Views: N/A Size: 34.3 KB ID: 120889  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire