mardi 24 novembre 2015

Weird pink stuff!!! please help!

Ok, first off I am Isaac and I have been keeping a reef tank for about 2 years now. I set up a 65 gallon with a 25 gal sump/fuge, the tank is 7 months old, running a reef octopus otp - 1000 skimmer rated for up to 150 gal tank, phosban 150 reactor with Katalyst media (350 gph pump), little giant return pump 1300 gph, 2 Jebao Rw-4 wavemakers, 70 lbs. of live rock and 100 lbs of live sand (sand bed is roughly 2 1/2" deep) i don't have any chaeto as of right now. chemipure elite 1 bag, carbon 1 bag, Purigen 2 bags. Salinity 1.024

livestock: 1 Coral Beauty angel
1 Blue Hippo Tang
2 ocelaris clowns
1 six line wrasse
1 skunk cleaner shrimp
1 emerald crab
2 yellowtail blue damsels (they live in the fuge lol, little *******s)
25 dwarf hermits
15 cerith snails
20 nassarius snails
5 mexican turbos
1 pincushion urchin
several colonies of GSP
several colonies of zoas
several colonies of Palys
several heads of candycanes

now that i think i got all of the livestock and equipment explained lol I have been having an issue for about the past 3 weeks with this weird pink algae stuff growing everywhere, it clogs my reactor every couple of days and my skimmer as well. its growing on the rocks, the glass just everywhere. i have been doing water changes with RO/DI water every 14 days. i have been testing my levels 2 times a week and everything is at 0!! i only feed once a day save for dried seaweed for Dory (sorry, my daughter insisted lol) i don't know what this stuff is or where it came from but it is making me nuts. can anyone help me figure out what it is and how to make it go away.

Attachment 120557

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: image1.jpg Views: N/A Size: 79.0 KB ID: 120557  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire