vendredi 27 novembre 2015

Orange plate coral

Hello,

On Monday I bought a short-tentacled orange plate coral. At the first LFS I visited they had a smallish one for £60. The next one had a larger specimen for £35. Shop around, people!

For the first few days it has been pretty despondent and remained uninflated so that it looked like a bright orange skeleton. Yesterday it begun to perk up a little and even sucked in a bit of reefroid powder. Stubby little tentacles have started to pop up across it which I'm pleased with. The coral only begun to inflate once I moved it to the foreground of the tank so I assume it didn't like the flow where it was.

However, I can't help but notice it only seems to inflate itself for periods of up to an hour or so before reverting to its previous state and that it stays pretty flat compared to the dome shape I've seen in photos of other specimens. I also see that the tentacles aren't quite as long and tapered as they should be. I was wondering if this coral looked healthy to you guys? I mean I'm probably just being paranoid as usual, I've only had it for a few days. :rolleyes:







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire