mardi 24 novembre 2015

What is my coral telling me?

Well I am wondering how everyone tells how a SPS is doing. New to them so could use some insite. Seems that growth, color, polyp extension are the most important but in what order. How does placement in the tank effect each one? What ways do you tell if a coral has to move up or down, in or out of high current.

Take this Pink Stylo for example. In my 175 gallon tank, with 3 Oceanrevive Arctic S026 lights that are mounted about 8 inchs above the water. It is about 12 inchs below the water line and in a high flow area. Seems like since I added it on 10/18 that it has growth around the bottom of the plug and some size. Polyp extension is awsome. Color seems to be getting lighter. What is this all telling me? Would you guys move it up or down, or in or out of the water flow? Trying to better understand what SPS are telling me.


10/18. Day I brought it home from LFS





11/02




Today 11/24



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire