mardi 24 novembre 2015

How to get rid of green and blown algae on sand?

Hi there,

My tank is about 4 months running now, and for the past month I've been noticing brown algae (like diatoms) and little pieces of green algae in clumps on the sand.. There also algae growing on the tanks walls everyday. I have a 46 gallon tank with 60 pounds of live rock, and 60 pounds of sand with a Current USA marine orbit LED lighting. I don't have a refugium. I do 20% water change every Friday evening. I use Red Sea salt, with RODI system. I use a 2X hydor 565GPH, and a hydor 600GPH powerheads. One of the hydor 565GPH powerheads are pointing at the top of the water to created ripples for oxygen. I got 10 nassarius snails, 17 spiny astrea snails, 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 snowflake clownfish, and 1 torch coral.

This algae only seems to appear when my lights are on.. If I turn them off then the algae doesn't grow.

Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite: 0ppm
Nitrate: less than 5ppm
Phosphates: Look to be around 0ppm

Please help.. I have tried everything:cry:


Callum

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_4327-min.jpg Views: N/A Size: 108.2 KB ID: 120554   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_4328-min.jpg Views: N/A Size: 116.3 KB ID: 120555   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_4329-min.jpg Views: N/A Size: 127.7 KB ID: 120556  



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire