dimanche 22 novembre 2015

Brace-less 40B owners chime in please

My glass is bowing on my 40B.

When I hold a very straight edge flat on one end, the opposite end is ~1/4" back.

Is this normal without the brace on your tank???

I'm sure it was this way the 1st time I set this tank up, and
being the 2nd setup for this tank, I must say the storage condition
between setups was as follows…
When I shut this tank down earlier this year, I never drained the tank
nor did I replace evaporated water.
The top 50% of the tank was allowed to go dry slowly with evaporation.
This took several months with no water movement, so evaporation was slower
than usual.

Assuming I was just oblivious to the bow due to the location of the 1st setup
Here's a video of what I'm experiencing.
No idea why I didn't see this 1st go round.
It is a replacement tank from Marineland.



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire