mercredi 1 avril 2015

Sick Scooter

Hi, I am wondering if there is any hope at all for my little scooter dragon. The last few days he has been sitting still in roughly the same spot and is barely moving. :-(. He is around 14 months old and has always been a really lively and happy fella. He was always a good eater and ate a mix of pods and live food, and up until this last week was always pretty fat. I have tried squirting pods from a pipette directly next to him and he will have a nibble but he isn't showing too much interest.



The tank is 1.5 year old and well established. It has a huge pod population which I keep topped up with a subscription of copepods every week (I also have a mandarin who will only eat pods and no frozen!!). As well as seeding the tank, Once a week I would give a large meal of copepods to each of the dragons the pipette way at opposite sides of the tank to make sure they were well fed.



The only things I can think of that may be contributing to it, is 1. There is a huge bristle worm that I have started to spot in the same area scooter used to hang. Secondly, and of hugely more concern to me is the fact the PH in the tank has somehow dropped to around 7.6!! There has never been a fluctuation like this in my tank before and I do wonder if the test kit is old (new one arriving tomorrow). All other conditions seem fine (Alk 120, Ammonia/Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0.25, Calc 400) and the rest of the tank mates and corals seem fine.



Any suggestions at all or is he a lost cause? I had real problems with my mandarin when he was first added to the tank and I thought he was a goner but he is thriving now. I just feel the scooter is not going to be as fortunate




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire