dimanche 3 juillet 2016

Need Advice - Damsel In Coral QT?

Hello! I have a 125g reef tank and just setup a 10g coral QT and a separate 29g fish QT. They are separate tanks from the reef tank, but my automated water change process takes water from the 125g tank to the two QTs. (Reef Angel controller is awesome!)

Anyway, I currently have a large (3") Blue Velvet Damsel in the 29g fish QT. He is old...I've had him for about 10 years. Since he has been alone for a while, I'm sure he is very territorial.

I'd like to remove him from the fish QT, so I can use it for all new fish without getting picked on by the Damsel. My reef tank has all Tangs, clowns and other passive fish.

So, the question is, should I move the Damsel to the 10g coral QT tank? Would he tear up my frags and other corals while they are in there for several weeks? He would be the only fish in the tank.

Second question...for the fish QT, what would be a good fish to live in there to keep everything going in-between new fish acclimations?

Thanks!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire