lundi 2 mai 2016

The Ray Tank

I just want to hear every ones input as i am working on a project right now to do a stingray tank.

What I have is a custom acrylic tank. 220 gallon 7ft long tank.
About 60-80 lbs of live rock already being matured in my hospital 20s (4 of them)

I currently have 100 lbs of fine white sand but i may get closer to 200 for the rays to be able to dig themselves into.

I am new with stingrays so any advice or suggestions are great.

I plan to lay the rock on one side and make 1 giant cave. So we have alot of free swimming room for the ray.

I am in between a blue spot or a cali ray. I may go with the Cali ray just because of hardy ness.


Couple questions. I am planning on running 2 air stone bubblers maybe even a wand later. I am wondering how much flow i will need in the tank?

The tank is drilled and i do have a 40 gallon sump (40B) that will also have my ASM G series 5x skimmer in it.

Right now my only flow is from the return from the sump. Do stingrays need flow? I always did heavy flow in my reef tank but does my ray tank need it?

What else should i be running? I have some extra equipment so i may use my 9 watt uv sterilizer if there is room in my 40 gallon.

I also bought a heater with a grill guard as someone else suggested that for the ray.

Here is the progress so far. The original owner of my house did a table storage with bench seats. We turned this into the stand so it looks like it built into the house.



Here is the big 7 footer



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire