mercredi 25 mai 2016

Disaster Thread

Well three weeks after making my dream come true and purchasing a 90 gallon saltwater tank. I lost my tank.

I was removing some plumbing tonight to relocate my return pump in an attempt to rid my tank of micro bubbles and CRASH.

My tank completely cracked down the middle horizontally on the bottom. All I could do is stand and watch as 90 gallons poured into my basement carpet. Ugh.

I am still not sure what caused the tank to crack in such a way, but I am assuming I twisted the bulkhead in just the right way in effort to remove it.

Luckily I was able to save my live rock and fish and store them at my LFS. I am unbelievably down emotionally.

We called the insurance company and a clean up company (coming in the morning). The insurance company will cover any water damage through homeowners insurance after we pay $1000.00 deductible. But won't cover the tank (figured). My LFS guy is contacting marineland for me to see what they can do, he swears the tank shouldn't have cracked so easily.

Either way I figure I will be out the money for a replacement tank and most likely basement carpet.

Well that was my evening, I will post more as i have updates.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire