samedi 21 mai 2016

Emergency tank drilling advice needed

I tried drilling my 40 breeder today and failed kinda. Everything appeared fine but once we set it back up, I noticed a hairline crack below one of the holes I drilled that was very slowly leaking water. I disassembled and am going to buy a new tank tomorrow.

Me methodology was as follows:

Apply virtually no pressure on the drill, let the bit do the work.

Set the chuck very lightly so it wouldn't bind up, it did not bind at all.

Had water running on it the entire time.

Water was only running from the top where I was drilling from. I am wondering if I should have had water running on the underside of the cut as well?

I'm going to try again tomorrow I think, or see if I can pay someone locally to do it. Any idea where I went wrong?

The bit seems to have had a slight wobble to it that I could not fix. Could this be it?

Thanks in advance


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire