mardi 31 mai 2016

Feeding Dragonet Mandarin

Hello, I'm looking for some advice on fattening up my Mandarin. We've had her for about 5 months in a 125g, 130lbs live rock and I'm growing Tisbee and Tigger pods which I add about 1L of pod soaked water to the tank every week.
The problem is that when we purchased little Mandy, we didn't realize she had one damaged eye, which definitely affects her ability to hunt. She was also trained to eat mysis in the sump, however in the main tank it blows around a bit too much for her.
We have tons of pods still in the tank, but I think that because of her damaged eye that she just doesn't see them, or has a hard time tracking them. Her stomach has begun to recede and I really don't want to lose her, since she is the sole reason for setting up a tank this big.
I've tried putting the mysis and pods in a glass jar according to the "Mandarin Diner Guide" to keep them in one spot, however she will only hunt the pods which make it to the outside of the jar and won't go into it, thankfully only the starfish know how to get the treats inside, so she doesn't have much competition at the moment. Is there a way to improve on the "Mandarin Diner" technique, or another way to feed this fish? I'm debating moving her back to the sump for a little while, but I think she'll wipe it out before I get her trained again.
Any ideas guys?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire