vendredi 27 mai 2016

Copperband Butterfly bothering Open Brain

Hi everyone.

So I've been keeping a copperband Butterfly successfully for about 10 weeks now. About 4 weeks ago I added a fairly small green open brain coral. At the widest point it's probably 3 inches.

My butterfly never pays any attention to the open brain until it's the weekly coral feed. I feed all my LPS corals with a brine shrimp and mysis shrimp mix. I've currently got the open brain, a torch, a hammerhead, a frogspawn and a trumpet coral (there's some softies but I don't feed theme anything). The anemone also gets its feed at the same time too.

The copperband always comes along and steals all the food I give to the open brain. In addition, he pecks at the fleshy poly. I think he pecks because he wants the polyp to retract to reveal the shrimp - I've gotta give it to him for ingenuity! Could anyone suggest a way to stop him from bothering my open brain?

I've tried to watch over him before to frighten him off but he gets wise to the fact that I won't hurt him and carries on anyway! Thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire