lundi 23 mai 2016

6 Line Wrasse Bullying New Dartfish

My 65 gal tank is about six months old, and I've had a 6 line wrasse for about 2 months. Last Saturday I bought a purple dartfish, who was being mildly harassed by the wrasse - not attacked or bitten, but "chased away". The dartfish has gone into a crevice in the rock and hasn't come out. I also bought a yellow tang that has adjusted with no problem.

I've spot fed some food into the dartfish's hiding place, but of course have no way of knowing if it's getting the food. Should I wait? Will it die?

I'm learning. Anytime I hear "well, it might be aggressive" or it "might" nip at your corals, or it "might" eat your shrimp...well that's code-speak for it WILL. LOL. At least that's been my luck.

Does anyone have suggestions to acclimate the fish to the tank? Or do I have to make a choice of which one I want to keep (because I'll take out the cheaper one LOL).

Thanks
Leigh


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire