lundi 2 mai 2016

The madness begins (aka 280g build/upgrade)

So, I've been running a 125g reef setup for the past 6 years or so with a little break for a cross country move from San Diego to the Chicago area.
After having this current tank up and running for a few years, my wife has given in and let me pull the trigger on upgrading the tank.
So here's the list of what I'm looking at getting (or already have) for the build:

- 280g tank from GlassCages.com (delivered last weekend)
- Custom stand, canopy and cabinetry (using Jonsramus for inspiration on all the woodworking)
- Custom sump from Windrider Creations (he built my last sump and did a great job)
- Waveline DC10000 for return flow
- 2 Maxspect Gyre 150s (or the 180 when it's released)
- AquaIllumination Hydra52 HDs for lighting
- Skimz SM203 DC Skimmer
- BRS Carbon / GFO / Bio-pellet reactors
- ReekKeeper Elite and associated modules for tank control/Monitoring
- Seneye Reef

One of the added benefits of this tank is that I'm going to have reinforced floors here shortly. I'm going to be building a wall with 4x4's as support in the basement so that the tank doesn't eventually end up downstairs. That will be a fun weekend project that will eventually end up as my fish room.

I think that's just about everything to start with. My wife has her list of fish that we're going to add, but that's always changing so it'll get posted on here as soon as I've got a better idea of what we're going to put in with everything that's moving over from my 120g.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire