mardi 3 mai 2016

opinions, on going skimerless

First my tank stats; 75g DT 30g sump sps tank. Bio load is two false percs and a copper band butterfly and I intended to keep it this way. Total water volume of the the system is probably around seventy gal with rock displacement and the fact the sump is not totally full. I run one filter sock and GFO carbon mix in a BRS reactor.

My plan would be to do nearly daily/every other day water changes of two or three gal and the way I am set up that would just be a matter of turning a valve to let water siphon to out side the house and then turning another to siphon water from my salt mix container into the sump. Not even five minutes.

I only feed live micro shrimp that I catch from off the grass flat here in FL and diced fresh shrimp and clam. By fresh I mean it was alive an hour before I feed it so additives and phosphates from store bought foods are not a concern.

So considering all of the above would you ditch the skimmer? I guess I could keep an eye on nitrates and if they trend up put the contraption back in the sump.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire