mardi 2 décembre 2014

Bleahcing question

Hey guys, it's been a while since I've been on here. I had bought a yellow millepora probably 4 weeks ago. Just a small frag about 1.5-2 in long. It was doing great ever since I put it in the tank. I've actually noticed branch growth. i had an algae outbreak 2 weeks ago (brown algae, but not diatoms..kinda fuzzy stuff what wouldn't blow off the rocks easily at all) I got that under control about a week ago and bought a turbo snail to help clean up the rocks (the dude does work!).



Even through all this the millepora was fine. last night or 2 nights ago I realized the polyps weren't opening much at all. and the color kind of browned, so I moved the frag to a area with more water flow and more light. well today the thing bleached at the base and the tissue is melting away. What happened???



Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

nitrate - 5-10

Phosphate - 0



last i checked calcium was about 500, mag 1300, alk 9.5. Temp is controlled between 77.5-78.5



I've been dosing the tank with phytoplankton and zooplankton 2-3 times a week but only very little because of the small maxima clam I have but thats the only dosing that I've done.



other SPS that I have that are doing fine is a maze brain, acropora, plating monti.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire