dimanche 3 septembre 2017

Questions about cupramine treatment?!!!!

Hello,
I did a month qt w copper on my last new fish, I got a mild ich outbreak a month after adding him. Grrr. My tank is a 220 with a lot of live rock, I couldnt catch all the fish even if I wanted to. I decided to turn my display into the QT. I took out all my inverts and macro algae and moved them to a different tank and have been treating the display with Cupramine for the last 2 weeks.

Here are my problems:
1. The level of copper in the tank keeps dropping. Has anyone else had this problem? The skimmer is off and the only filter material now other than the rock/sand are plain filter socks I keeps changing. It will drop from .5 to .3 or .25 over a day or two, I have no idea why. The test I am using is Seachem's Copper which is accurate for cupramine. Any thoughts? Should I go longer than a month if the treatment isnt stable?

2. When treatment is done, I will run carbon, skimmer, and do a water change. If I am getting a 0 for copper, is it safe to put all my inverts back in or is a longer waiting period necessary etc?

3. The tank that my plants and inverts are in (no fish) contains live sand and rock from my display tank before I started treatment. Is it safe to put that back in the tank with fish after a month with no fish, or can the ich still survive?

Thank you for the info!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire