mardi 26 septembre 2017

Total noob who inherited a salt water tank

Hi folks. While I'm learning how to best utilize this forum, I have some immediate questions and probably need a sick amount of assistance.
Back story. My friends son unfortunately passed, and he left behind a salt water tank. I offered to take the tank so my friend didn't have to worry about the fish, she had plenty other things to do. The tank is a 29 gallon (I think) Biocube. I have two black clownfish, a Bangai cardinal, a watchman Goby, a purple fire fish, a neon blue yellow tail damsel and three shrimp. The tank did have coral, but his friend took the coral for me and set up the tank. It has some live rock as well.
I have pretty much no idea how to properly care for this tank. I've taken care of fresh water tanks before, but I have a pretty limited memory of it other than partials and water tests.
Right now I'm having a fairly significant red algae bloom, which I treated yesterday with something the local fish store sent me home with. I'll do a 20% partial tomorrow. I'm also getting a lot of green algae on the glass, which I scrape off about every third day. I've only had the tank about 5 weeks. I'm just happy everything's alive right now!
I'm feeding fish flake (which is what he was feeding) but I started using frozen shrimp recommended by the store.
I'd love some feeding tips, maintenance help, pretty much anything broken down into "for dummies" so I can properly keep these lovely fish.
Thanks in advance.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire