vendredi 29 septembre 2017

Starting a frag tank?

Hey Y'all!

So I have a spare 20 long tank just sitting around, a big HOB filter, light, extra pumps, heater, etc etc. Basically, everything to start another tank. But I don't particularly like having two DTs to manage. I thought it would be very cool to setup a frag tank! Without using a sump, BTW. I can get some eggcrate and start expanding and growing my softie collection. LPS is a possibility, but not SPS yet; mainly soft corals.

What are some of the big issues/concerns/items to do properly and watch out for in a frag tank? Also, what is the maintenance of a frag tank like? Max, I assume that one fish would be good to keep up the bio load and filtration, is that correct? As far as cleaning and water changes, I would want this tank to be as simple as possible. Lastly, what, if any, dosing should there be?

Sorry to sound like a complete noob, but I've never started or even thought of starting a frag tank before.

Thanks in advance!!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire