lundi 25 septembre 2017

First time mixing salt problems

Hey Y'all

Been awhile since I was on here, but I guess we all come back when we have questions.

Setting up a new tank, 40 breeder with 20 long sump, so I bought my first RO unit. Makes water pretty slow, but ill only need to fill 50+ gallons at a time once (hopefully). And since I only have a few 5 gal buckets, I figured I'd add the water to the tank, then add salt and mix inside the tank. So I added about 20 gallons of water, and mixed the salt for the whole tank. I knew it was going to be a high salinity, but didn't think that it would hurt, as I am continuing to add water. Now, the tank became very cloudy, and had a thin film develop on the sides and bottom (mainly bottom), but I cleaned that off easily. Water is still very cloudy, but after 12 hours, visibility is about 5-6 inches now, compared to about .5-1. Also, water was less then room temp, but I am beginning to heat it now. And I have had a powerhead in it the whole time.

I know that I prolly screwed up, and adding the salt to much, to early can cause problems. My question is, will the cloudiness eventually settle, do I have to replace all the water again, and will it cause issues with the tank in the future?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire