vendredi 1 septembre 2017

how much to reduce lighting during nitrate/phos drop (carbon dosing)

been dosing nopox for about 3 weeks, all was well and nitrate was dropping fast according to the recommended dosage on bottle (no3>10ppm/3ml per 25 gal)

took my nitrate from high 80's down to 10, lost a chalice, although there seems to be no signs of algae or cyano forming on skeleton so i believe he is waiting for a comeback.

what i did notice though is that even though my birdsnest isnt bleaching or experiencing tissue recession, it is paling out on all sides that receive lighting from my leds, all other shaded areas are still brown/green with same polyp extension as the top part which is a silvery neon green now.

my question is should i be cutting back my lighting significantly and then start another acclimation program from there? has anyone tried this with increases success vs keeping same light schedule? im thinking of cutting back my fixtures to 20-30% blues 5-10% whites/red/green and slowly work my way back up if i see things stretching for light.

i only have birdsnest and a grafted cap as far as sps, but since my rock has been running wet over 2 1/2 yrs (did 3 upgrades in that time) i feel im ready to grab a sps pack from a local friend. any tips before receiving the sps? (mostly acros)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire