dimanche 13 août 2017

I want a Orchid Dottyback...lets go ahead and nail me to the cross

Okay everyone...so I know I probably SHOULD not get this fish. Lets do a run down. I have a VERY successful 90 gallon REEF tank. Its more of a slightly taller than usual tank and a cube like (36*24*24). Moving on. My current fish ARE as follows in ORDER of when placed into the tank. Scissortail dartfish, Tanaka Pygmy Wrasse, pink skunk clownfish, Blue Assessor, Tomini Tang, Swales Basslet, Bi Color Chromis, and Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish. Okay, so everyone does well. I will admit the bi color chromis or black and white chromis is the worst offender by far! He really seems to try and keep the Blue assessor pinned down to one location of the tank. PLEASE read the details ppl...and do not stop here. The blue assessor has the right side of the tank. He does at times...although pretty rare get nipped fins from SOMEONE...however they grow back fast! He stays on the right side in his little area...which ranges from the back to the front...every once in a while he kind skates towards the center, HOWEVER the bi color chromis chases him off. Personally I believe it has something to do with there colors. Anyways...so the scissortail and Tomini are TOP dawg. No one ******s with the scissortail or tomini at all! The pink skunk clown and sometimes the bi color will chase each other off but its very hit or miss when this happens. The tomini also seems to have some sort of weird partnership with the pink skunk...they can tolerate one another very closely....especially when the tomini is taking a crap in the bottom right corner of the tank! Its always that part of the tank, weird. The Swalse basslet, wrasse, AND hawkfish are there own thing and no one cares about what they do. So my question is...would a Orchid dottyback MAYBE....and this is wishful thinking, maybe help with aggression between the bi color and the blue assessor? Ming you all these fish have been together well over a year. ALSO worth noting...as much as I dont like it...would a captive raised ORCHID be less aggressive in this situation? I do have a fancy dancy fish trap...so if the Orchid got out of hand...eventually I could get him. I'm trying to find something to take the Bi color chromisis mind of the assessor...BUT I have ALWAYS wanted an orchid dottyback...ugh! I feel like I'm pretty "attuned" with my tank, but this is definitely IMO a gamble...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire