dimanche 27 août 2017

Help! Is my tank ready?

I have a 40 gallon tank that I've been running since the beginning of March, and I plan to get fish for it this weekend, I'm looking to get two ocellaris clownfish. My tank has a fluval aquaclear 70 that I've been running for about 4 weeks because my other filter broke, I moved all the cycled media to the aquaclear with the new media, but ran it for 4 weeks while feeding the tank new life spectrum pellets everyday to be safe. I also have an instant ocean sea clone protein skimmer, not the best plan to upgrade soon, but it works ok for now, and I have about 35 pounds of live rock with two hydor power heads. My readings are 0 for ammonia, pH of 8.4, 0 for nitrite, and 10 nitrate (water change before I get any fish). My coral seems to be thriving, and my snails are doing well, even have baby snails, I just want to be reassured that my tank is good before I get fish for it. Btw I plan to build a sump in a few months, filter seems to work for now, but I'd really prefer a sump.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire