jeudi 17 août 2017

Start cycle with ammonia

I finally got a hand-me done 14 gallon biocube up and running. It will be such a nice tank in the office for all to see and let stress go.

I am starting with sand and BRS reef saver rock. I will not add live rock. I put in a small splash of pure ammonia, big mistake! The reading is off the charts. I probably put in about 2ml into 11 gallons of water.

I did add some bio-spira to get the bacteria population going and MB7. Given there is so much ammonia, is it even too toxic for bacteria or should I let it ride and see what happens?

Also, I've never done this method, but I am now reading for a tank my size I should add about 2 drops a day after it hits zero on test kit to keep the bacteria levels healthy and high before adding a real bio load.

Thoughts?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire