mardi 15 août 2017

Green Hammer Coral with Brown center

I've had this hammer coral in my tank for a year. The parameters have been mostly stable, but the most recent change was running the skimmer air intake line through the wall to the outside to keep the pH stable. (It was running around 7.5 and we tried this method rather than buy and install a CO2 scrubber. It worked. My pH is now consistently at approximately 8.0).

My hammer coral, who has been perfectly happy in its spot midway up the tank has decided to do something strange. The polyps are sort of ringing the edges and there is a large brown disc, or space where polyps were yesterday, in the center of both "branches" with what looks like tiny little volcanoes in the dics. Two each.

The pictures below are all purple because I can't get a photo with LED lighting, but the centers of the coral are brown. I'm going to try again with no lighting to see if I can get better definition.

But does anyone know if it's dying or if it's splitting?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: Hammer Coral 1.JPG Views: N/A Size: 99.8 KB ID: 161241   Click image for larger version Name: Hammer Coral 2.JPG Views: N/A Size: 83.7 KB ID: 161249  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire