samedi 20 mai 2017

20 gallon long update

Hey Y'all!

Thought I'd give an update on my 20 gal. So far, I transferred the Damsel and Occelaris from my old tank and added a bunch of dry rock, but that's old news. I have since added the Snowflake clown, which seems to have bonded well with the original even though the snowflake was larger then the occelaris. Surprisingly, the Damsel has yet to fight with anyone (knocking on wood) except for the big emerald crab that tried to overtake the Damsel's home cave. Btw, the emerald was eating at my corals, so he's gone! Have a little bit of hair algae starting, but cleaned some of the big spots off. I think that is do to my over feeding and excessive lighting. However, on the more exciting side, we have coraline algae growing on the dry rock already! :banana: Even more cool, I have green, purple, and possibly pink (likely just early purple) coraline starting! Hopefully you can see it in the pics, but they don't do it justice.

Somone's gonna say that its not coraline and it is a dangerous type of algae right? :cry: I am confident that it is coraline because its not hairy; it is hard, bright, and just seems right! lol

Lastly, I have built my sump tank! Its a modified 5.5 gal, but that's all I could fit underneath my tank. Gotta order some pumps, overflow, etc, then I'll be good to go! I plan to run fuji dry rock, and a small refugium with chateo. I know some people might say the sump and ref isn't worth it, but it is to me. Just the fundamentals of a sump and the operations intrigue me; and if I can help to keep nitrates down and increase water volume even slightly, that's a win win. Lets say i only get 2-3 more gallons in the sump, that's as much as a 15% increase in water volume. That's pretty good for a nano tank!

Plans for the future:

1. Finish sump

2. Add one more fish. Maybe a goby, or something small.

3. Continue to grow and add corals. Just have softies for now, maybe some easy LPS in the future.




Thanks to all who have helped me so far and will in the future!!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2845 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 128.7 KB ID: 155874   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2846 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 91.7 KB ID: 155890   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2850 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 82.8 KB ID: 155906  

Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2848 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 123.0 KB ID: 155914   Click image for larger version Name: IMG_2849 (1).jpg Views: N/A Size: 73.3 KB ID: 155922  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire