lundi 22 mai 2017

New 60 Cube Reef Tank lights and flow??

Hey ladies and gents, I'm setting up a new 60 gal rimless cube and need your invaluable expertise!! ? Thanks in advance. To begin I'm setting it up as a mixed reef tank, but plan later on to go to sps as I gain knowledge and the tank gets stable and healthy. My first two questions concern lighting and water movement.

I've decided to go with AI Hydra 26 for the lighting. Recommended spread is 18 x18 with a max of 24x24. Do you think this is adequate? I want to buy the proper lighting now so I don't have to upgrade later when I go predominantly sps. Do I need to go up to the Hydra 52? I'm getting mixed answers from the lfs, I think they might be trying to up-sale me.

For the sump, I've ordered a triggers crystal 30 elite (27 gal) because I like the design (I'm using a custom stand so I will have plenty of room). I'm looking for water movement advice in regards to my return pump and power heads/wave maker. Not including my rise of 4.5' what gallon per min should I go with and then I can get the appropriate pump to compensate for the rise. Recommendations on power heads? Few pumps -high flow or more small power heads? Remember the water only has to travel 24" before it hits a wall. Wavemakers? What's the overall turnover rate I should be looking for, from pump and heads?

Pumped to be getting back in, TY TY!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire