mardi 16 mai 2017

Can too many water changes be a bad thing?

Bit of a general question, but in my case specifically to do with some pulsing Xenia which is struggling.

Parameters are all okay, phosphate was a bit low a week or so ago but I've done about 4 water changes in the last 8 days. Xenia was okay before, but over the past week it's been gradually declining. It's super bunched up at the moment and my looking healthy at all but everything else looks to be thriving. I've read in a couple of places that xenia prefers slightly dirty water...

Is there a chance that changing such a large amount of water over 8 days is the issue, meaning I should just let the tank sit or is it probably another variable? Conversely, are even ore water changes advisable?

I've been experimenting with changing powerhead power and direction in the last week as well, but the xenia isn't in a place that has been massively affected.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire