vendredi 18 novembre 2016

Plumbing

I need help setting up the plumbing to my sump.

I just got a little 30 gallon and am going to have it drilled here soon, but figured I should sort everything else out first.


How many of what size holes should I drill?
-I'm not sure if I should have one main and one emergency or if I just need the one hole for the single drain line.
-I am drilling the back panel and was planning on installing the overflow box near the top left corner as the sump will be on the left side of the stand so it will be able to just drain straight down.

How should I go about routing the return line?
-Do I have to drill another hole for that to go back up to the overflow and cut some of the grooves of the overflow box to allow that to come back out of it, or drill a hole on the opposite side, closer to the section of the sump so it would have to go all the way back by the drain line.

What size overflow should I get? I found one that I liked rated for 1200 GPH. Will that be too big? I figured I would install a ball valve on the drain line to modify the actual GPH a little. I just want to find something that will allow me to fit whatever plumbing is needed and anything much smaller looked like it wouldn't allow that.

Sorry! I've tried to read as much as I can about plumbing and everything but would like some help.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire