mercredi 16 novembre 2016

It's been a while.

Hey there folks!! Luckily about three weeks ago I inherited a 40 g saltwater tank from a friend. She had it up and going for over a year. She was running the bare minimum equipment. I had a saltwater tank when I was a teenager and I'm a little rusty.

-2 aqua clear 30 filters.
-2 power heads
-fluorescent t5 lighting
-150 watt submersible heater
-1 inch crushed coral substrate
-approximately 15 lbs of live rock
-weekly 10% water changes
- 1 clown, 1 damsel, camel shrimp, pistol shrimp, lawnmower blenny, cleanup crew, feather duster.
-tree coral, frogspawn, torch, zoas, ricordia, hairy mushroom.

Now here come the questions.

Everything was going great until two days ago my nitrates started to go up and still haven't gone down. Is it possible for a tank to cycle again after a move?

What changes in equipment should I make? Protein skimmer? Sump?

I would like to add one or two more fish. Any suggestions suitable for a 40g?

Opinions on fluval sea supplements and reef roids?

I'm pretty sure camel shrimp is destroying frogspawn at night. Are they reef compatible?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire