jeudi 17 novembre 2016

Ammonia levels a bit High in an established tank

Hi, I just did some water tests for the first time in quite a while on my tank. Most of my live rock has been in either this tank which is a 40 breeder or a 30 gallon for 5 years. I just added a new rock structure Tuesday which is in the middle of the picture and also about a month ago I added a couple of additional Rock structures which are to the right of the picture.
My ammonia level is 0.25
nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
ph 8.2.
My test kits are kind of old but they have never shown any ammonia before. Nothing is looking sick. I don't have much Coral. I'm just trying to get it established again, but my fish, shrimp and crab seem fine. I only have 2 clowns and a watchman goby. Do you think the new live rock I added is causing the ammonia Spike? It was rock that I previously had in an old tank that I never really cooked after having algae problems. Do I just have a bad test kit? Wouldn't my Nitrite be rising too if I stayed a mini cycle?
Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: 20161117_191449_1479432830735.jpg Views: N/A Size: 60.4 KB ID: 141353  


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire