jeudi 24 novembre 2016

FOWLR Filtration

Hey everyone, I have a 30 gallon FOWLR tank with about 45 pounds of live rock, a pretty good amount of live sand (enough to cover the bottom of the tank with about an inch or two of it), a 30-60 gallon hang on the back mechanical filter and the 97-gallon Marineland Magnum Internal Canister Filter which is mainly used for polishing but also has a mechanical filter option which I'm using currently. It just cotton and carbon in it.. I have a Midnight Angelfish, 10 Cerith snails, and 1 Turbo Snail that are all doing very good, water parameters are looking good too except the pH is a little low, around 7.8-8.0, which I assume will stabilize. I'm also thinking about getting a bubble tip anemone and some oscillates clownfish which I've had before and liked. I was curious if this seems like enough filtration for my tank and if the the live rock acts like a good biological filter to help bacteria growth, or if I should upgrade to a system with bio balls and ceramic pieces and such. Thanks a lot!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire