jeudi 17 novembre 2016

Hey everyone! New around here!

Hello everyone! My name is Sieu, I've just started a 5 gallon tank so I can have things to look at while I do school work and play around on the computer.

I purchased a 5 gallon topfin tank, since it was the only tank that I could find that would fit in the spot I had on my desk.



I'm in the process of getting a new light and a new pump.
Light: A80 Tuna Blue Nano LED Light - Kessil
Pump: VorTech MP10wQD QuietDrive Propeller Pump - EcoTech Marine

My end goal is to have a few corals, an anemone, and one or two clown fish.

I have a few questions:

1. Is it fine to cycle my tank with just live sand? Should I introduce a damsel?
2. Currently, everything is at zero according to the test, and the pH level is at 8.2 which I think is good? Is it not?
3. Should I just buy a small piece of live rock to help cycle? I decided to go with the white rock because I could build a structure that I wanted.
4. Since I live in Oregon, and our water is very clean since it's Mt. Hood runoff, should I still use RODI? I've had freshwater tanks in my house for over 10 years, and we've always used tap water and added the water conditioner.
5. There's like a filmy, oily substance floating on the top, there's nothing in my tank as I set it up yesterday, anything to worry about?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire