mercredi 16 novembre 2016

Black Box LEDs vs Maxspect Razors

So I know when I was starting up I had a lot of questions when it came to lights and while there is a lot of information out there, not that many post results from different lights. So hopefully this helps some people when it comes to LED lights....

At the time of starting up the tank I didn't know much about saltwater fish and coral so I did my tank cheap to see if I enjoyed the hobby. I purchased gear according to price, not quality. Once I started to really enjoy this hobby I started to think of ways to improve it.

This is not a post to bash the Chinese black boxes because they have lots of good stuff going for them. They are cheap! and they will grow just about anything. They are great equipment to introduce somebody into the hobby at a low cost. I had the opportunity to purchase two, 27 inch razors for my tank. I remember when I upgrade my from my Hydro's to the 150 Gyre how much happier I was, so I thought I would take the plunge and see the difference in the lights.

First off the color is amazing, looks like a ocean blue. Some may complain the color is to pinkish, but to me its spot on. You don't realize how blue those black boxes are. Secondly the build in timer that keeps changing the color settings threw out the day seems to reduce the stress on everything in the tank. Shrimp and fish seem more active. No more of the sudden light changes that scares everything into hiding! Next, not sure if it is the red color in the black box lights but I have battle with minor cyano for awhile and since the razor lights it has started to die off. I can see in a week where it will be all gone! Lastly the coral grow is amazing! in just a week and a half I can see more growth in some that didn't do anything under the black box lights. Some SPS corals that I tried to grow under the black boxes that started to die are coming back!

I can tell you with this hobby, if you can, by quality! The difference in my tank after upgrade to a 150 gyre and Razor lights is day and night. No more skimming on cheap parts. Good luck all and happy reefing!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire