vendredi 20 mai 2016

Can inverts carry vermetid snails and aptasia

Been a while since I've been on here but I've got a question. An outbreak I couldn't get under control of vermetid snails and then followed by a huge aptasia infestation had me ready to hit the reset button. So I did and tonight I transferred the last fish from the old smaller DT to the new larger one....I have 2 hermits but more importantly a conch that we have grown quite fond of and of course the kids named it so I would like for it and the other inverts to make the move to. However I'm concerned they could carry something over on or in their shell. I've read they can not carry ich and fortunately I've not had to deal with that yet but I don't want to deal with vermetids again.
I got in hot and heavy and was buying corals left and right from shows, local stores, Craigslist etc and in my haste and impatience I gave myself a plague. Nope, didn't use a QT tank either which in hindsight could've prevented that.
Should I set up a small 1-2 gallon QT tank for them for 6-10 weeks or should I trust that they can't bring those issues with them...etc?
Thanks in advance!!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire