dimanche 1 mai 2016

Am I stuck in the cycle or just the way it will be?

Mt tank is nearing day 50. I have 4 snails, 3 blue legged crabs, a clown and a bi-color

I started with BRS reef saver rock and seeded with red sea reef mature kit.

Tank is a 40 gallon but total water volume is 25 gallons. I do a 4 gallon water change every 2 weeks now and i only feed once a day and my fish eat 80% of what i put in. The other 20% gets moved around and they can't find it.

My ammonia, and nitrites are zero but my nitrates never go below 15ppm. I do not have any algae issues and the water is crystal clear.

I do run biopellets in a reactor and the skimmer actually has calmed down a lot and barely produces any more. So I assume the "poop" level in the water is very low.

Now I may just be asking a lot of a new system especially since I started with zero live rock and 15ppm isn't too high. I just assumed with such a low load system that i'd be in the 5ppm range by now


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire