dimanche 25 janvier 2015

Novice with a HUGE task!

I am a complete novice, but love learning new things and am willing to put in the work required for a small reef project. My intention was to start small (55-80g) but it has not worked out that way. I was discussing my plans with an associate who has a tank, and he offered it to me. Due to recent health issues, he is no longer able to take care of it properly. So what I have is a severely neglected ( about a year of adding water only) large (approx 140g) custom corner tank. It is severely overgrown, and will have to be completely broken down for movement, as it is approximately 7' tall assembled. I think a fresh start is in order, as do my local pros, so I am starting a new tank. I acquired a 120g bare tank. I am putting this together with the following hardware:

Penn Plax Cascade 1500 GPH Canister Filter

Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 48 to 60-Inch

Hydor Koralia Nano 425 Aquarium Circulation Pump 425 GPH

2- Hydor ETH 300 In-Line External Heater 300w

40 lb live sand and various rocks

Time is not a real problem, and I will be cycling the new tank at least 4 weeks.



I would like to know any words of wisdom that anyone has to offer.




Attached Images













File Type: jpg securedownload (10).jpg (238.4 KB)
File Type: jpg securedownload (18).jpg (182.8 KB)
File Type: jpg securedownload (21).jpg (241.4 KB)






Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire