vendredi 30 janvier 2015

To cook or not to cook?

Thought I had it all decided but after reading more about it, Im not so sure....



My rock, was bought dry and cycled in my 135g which was a failure. I dried it and bleached it, then used it all in the 135 as a cichlid tank.Then I sold the 135 but kept the rock. Bleached again and let dry in Florida sun for 2 weeks. Stored for ~6 months then used ~40lbs in my current 45g tank last 8 months. Went through terrible brown stringy algae phase for 7 weeks then all cleared up and been fine IMO. I removed all rock with no coral on it and let it dry, then built the structures for my new 90g with the intentions of "cooking" it. But I started reading up on the process and came across several instances where, bleaching or acid dips were recommended in a situation like this when saving beneficial organisms isn't the goal, but removing phosphates is.



Don't want to do anything just to do it but don't want to short cut it either. My goal is to clean this rock to be equal to "fresh" dry rock that will be seeded with 3lbs of coralline covered LR from my current tank.



So hit me...What are the opinions?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire