mardi 27 janvier 2015

Frameless Cube with RR overflow - What do do with the overflow

Hello TRT friends -



I have been away for awhile, planning a wedding and getting my new house in sorts. My 90 gallon frameless cube has been immaculate as of late, and I am in maintain and enjoy mode. Slowly adding a few coral frags here and there to get them going, but that's about it. Since my tank has been up and running for nearly a year, I am starting to figure out the pros and cons, my likes and dislikes. The #1 focus right now is the corner overflow, which came pre-drilled with the tank. It's the standard black plastic overflow. My issue is with the corner which the overflow covers. The 90 gallon is 24 inches deep, so the corner with the pipe and overflow plumbing is that deep as well. All of this, and the water is simply skimmed from the top.



1. Does this water in the bottom of the overflow column actually turn over, or is it dead water at the bottom?



2. Can I fill this with LR pieces, just to fill the space?



3. I basically cannot clean the walls inside the overflow, which amounts to about 6 inches of glass space. Because of the plumbing, it is virtually impossible to get anything in there to clean.



4. Is the buildup of material on the walls OK?



5. Do I have any other options? (IE draining it, creating a "false bottom" with a piece of plastic or something?) Anything else? Do I just get some black vinyl and fit the section to cover it up?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire