mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Clevers 220G Revive - Help

Heres the story - About 5 months ago my tank crashed and I lost everything. Cal, Alk, Mag all fell out of balance and I lost almost all my corals.



My tank was an LPS Reef with a few SPS. I want to bring my tank back to life and do SPS this time. I have been working over the last month to get my para back in order. I have been doing water changes 2x every week changing about 70gallons of water per week.



I want to prevent this issue from happening again so I am thinking I will be dosing 2part or using a kalk reactor.



Heres my setup.

220g Tank with coast to coast overflow

Gyre Riptied

2x WP40's

3x AI Hydra 26's

Reef Octopus 250 Regal DC Skimmer - Rated for 200-600g

Dual Media Reactor From BRS

DC return Pump from reef octopus (dont remember modle)

Reefkeeper Lite



I want to make sure I have everything prepared and set up right this time. My tank did well for a year without any issues until my alk cal and mag fell out of balance. I had great growth from my corals and everything was very happy. I think that if I am able to get the Alk Cal Mag issue under control and keep it undercontrol through automation I will have a sucessful reef. Also I think I need a way to control my PO4 without the use of GFO, I really dont want to spend the money on GFO so what are some other solid methods? I currently dont have a fuge and dont have room in my sump for one but it is possible for me to put one next to my sump under my stand.



What do you all sugest i do to revive my tank?



I am going to get the Jebao DP 4 Dosing Pump, I know its not the best but I have had a good exp with their products.



Heres what my tank used to look like.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire