vendredi 30 janvier 2015

Light output, LPS preference.

Hello hello,

Over the course of my short journey into the saltwater world, I find myself always wanting to buy new toys for the tank. I'm selling stuff around the house left, right and centre just to warrant the excuse of buying new things. The wife can't believe I am even considering buying a $300+ LED light for my NanoCube, BUT she didn't hear me speak up when she bought a pair of shoes for $200 that she'll likely wear twice.

Anyways, back on track. There is a local ad for an Ecotech Marine Radion xr30w Gen 1 for $250CDN that I believe to be a good deal and I am really considering. The reason I want to go into the fully customizable LED direction is for the BLUE. When you look at a coral tank lit by primarily white LED's do you find yourself teaming with sensation and awe? Oh heck no! But then you see that bad boy at 16,000K and something stirs in your loins.

Okay getting way off track now... (just pounded back the cup o' joe and was up till 4:30 last night because the wife had the stomach flu, it's currently 8:30 here).



To the point!

Are LPS corals and softies comfortable with 16-20K all throughout the day, or should there be a peak white lighting at around 10-12K for an hour or two? Right now my tank runs on the JBJ LED Professional series, which is quite white and bright, and frankly I know it will eventually bleach my upper corals. The specs state that the hood is 14K, but in person it is BRIGHT. I don't know where they got that from. I've seen other tanks run at 14K and they were certainly not as overwhelming as the JBJ's.

Basically, I'm just looking to hear what your LED specs might be. My corals are certainly growing, but have dulled ever so slightly since adding them. I don't want to get a new light and wipe the suckers out.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire