jeudi 17 avril 2014

Return pump help please

So as I build more and more on this upgrade I find myself at a lose for return pump options....



Here's the info...



300 marineland dd display

125 gallon sump in the basement

Would like 1000 gph at the tank



I'm a little unsure if the 2 overflows will handle 1000 gph but I guess I'll find out

Marineland did a stupid thing when they only put 2 inch bulkheads for drains!! They give you 1 1/2 inch durso pipes with it so why the heck would they not put 1 1/2 inch bulkheads?? Ugghhh anyway so that's what I need



An external pump is probably a must have with the head from the basement



Obviously I would like the most energy efficient and most modestly priced unit



I was planning on using the 2 reeflo blowholes I have for the returns but everything I read on those I'm almost afraid to continue using them...I have one running the return for the 210 I have now and knock on wood haven't had any problems with it in almost the year that it's been running



I do also have an iwaki 70 that I had marked for my skimmer but the more I think about I may not be using the beckett skimmer sooo that pump may be available for this task but it is a power hungry little monster



So in a nutshell I have 2 blowhole 1450s and an iwaki 70

I need to go 10-11 ft up and 6 ft across the tank with 3 outlets in the tank



What's your suggestions??



Thanks



Stewie




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire