mercredi 30 avril 2014

LED color vs coral color

So about 6 months ago I purchased 2 Hydra 52's to put over my 120g sps tank. When I first got them they nearly fried everything and I really had to play with the color and percentages to get everything growing well. Now everything is great and looking very healthy but I would like to tweak it a little more to improve color and wondering if anyone has any experience with this. The greens and reds in the tank are doing extremely well and coming out of almost every coral I have but other colors like blue/purples aren't coming out very well. For example I have a stuber staghorn that was brown before with baby blue tips and now its brown with a green shimmer all over it but the blue in the tips and faded significantly.

Right now the settings I have are:

Cool White 30%

Red = 60%

Violet = 60%

Green = 60%

Royal Blue = 60%

Deep Blue = 60%

UV = 60%

Those are the max setting with a 4 hr ramp up/down favoring blue spectrum.

I have been upping the percentages over the last few months. So far when I raise the blues up the corals are fine with it but raising the cool white significantly causes bleaching which is why its so much lower.

Anyway just wondering if anyone may have some insight into what works for them with LED's color as well as where other keep their CW to blue/other colors.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire