dimanche 27 avril 2014

Reefkeeper Elite Titanium or Apex Jr

Need to know if a controller would really benefit me...



Because I run a remote sump with no calcium reactor I am confused as to whether or not a controller will really benefit me.



In the house I have my display, three LED units, two or three powerheads and a 300W heater. I could move the heater to the sump, I guess. It may not matter but I also have a nano and I will soon add a third tank. The nano and the new tank will be stand alone systems but there is always the possibility that in the future I would tie those into any controller I may have if that is an option.



In the garage I have an isolation tank that feeds my sump. The sump has a phosban reactor, skimmer, return pump, kalk stirrer that is powered by a tunze ATO and a 300W heater. The 55G isolation tank has lighting, a 300W heater and a powerhead.



Current issues are that the ATO seems to be over filling the sump which causes the sump water level to be high, causing the skimmer to go crazy which is turn causes the ATO to dump even more water into the sump. I sent the ATO back to Tunze and they tested it and said that it was functioning properly but today I found the skimmer waste container almost full of water and the sump level high.



I think an Apex is the direction I would go but would also consider a reefkeeper or reef angel. The main thing I want is the ability to grow cost effectively.



Can those of you who are familiar with the different controllers offer your opinion, please? If you are familiar with my system then your opinion would be appreciated even more.



Keeping in mind that I am a cheap reefer would be a plus :)




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire